2012年2月6日月曜日

God Is There When Times Are Tough

god is there when times are tough

The Names of God | Rock

Our God has been called many things throughout the bible.  One of those names is our Rock.

"3 I will proclaim the name of the Lord.  Oh, praise the greatness of our God! 4 He is the Rock , his works are perfect, and all his ways are just." – Deuteronomy 32:3-4

"2 There is no one holy like the Lord; there is no one besides you; there is no Rock like our God." – 1 Samuel 2:2


Turning to God in Tough Times: Prayers to Comfort the Heart and Sustain the Spirit
Learn more
Joan Guntzelman

"2 The Lord is my Rock , my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my Rock , in whom I take refuge. He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold." – Psalm 18:2

In my life God is the only constant, all else is subject to change.  He is perfect and never-changing.  He is my Rock just as he was for the authors of Deuteronomy, Samuel, and Psalm.  I used to find myself running to other areas of "refuge"  when times got tough. These areas of shelter took the forms of alcohol, nicotine, gambling, and various others.
Trusting God When Times Are Tough
Learn more
Ed Hindson
  I am not saying that these things are inherently bad, I am just saying I should not have turned to them instead of turning to God in my time of need.  Why is it that we can be committed to God when times are good, but then things start to get messy we turn to something else?  It doesn't make sense.  The time when we need God the most is the time we turn our back on him.  After some self-reflection I realized I too was guilty of this.  I now recognize what I need in stressful times, I need God.  What I have found is that when I do put my trust in my Rock I find myself at peace.  He takes the burden off of my shoulders and puts it on his own.

These are our most popular posts: god is there when times are tough

God is our Rock - The Mission

I have found though, that God is the master and in my experience, there have been several times that God has planned for my family a "curriculum" we would not have chosen for ourselves. In retrospect .... I could list lots more weve experienced over the past 31 years of homeschooling, but suffice it to say, whatever rough spot life has you in, look for the hand of God, pray lots, ask God to teach you from it and become a better Christian rather than a bitter Christian! read more

I dont.

As I was reminiscing the past year on my blog, I noticed while there were some tough things in 2011, there were lots of good things too. My word for the year last year was obedience. What I wanted from God was not a ... read more

Freedom-bound Captive: If you only knew

2. Uncertainty Doubt. Share about a time when you identified with one of Davids cries of despair. (Are you listening? Are you there? Do you love me?) David gives us two bits of advice in these tough times: "Seek Gods face" and "Wait on ... read more

Homeschooling Struggles Part 4: Life Interruptions

They are still working hard in their shops, and in my experience theyre doing their best to be upbeat about the situation, he says. Even in the ... God is there with us in all things, and is not restricted to the church. My job is to ... read more

Related Posts



0 コメント:

コメントを投稿